SEATING CAPACITY: Up to 77
GVWR: Up to 33,000 lbs.
158″, 179″, 199″, 219″, 238″, 259″, 279″
ENGINE: Cummins® ISB 200-260 HP
THE SAF-T-LINER C2: IN A CLASS ALL BY ITSELF! Back in 2004, Thomas Built Buses changed the school bus industry forever by creating a “clean sheet design” school bus. This included building a state of the art automated robotic factory to ensure repeatable quality of the C2. Customer feedback over the past 8 years has shaped the C2 into the bus it is today.
Standard features like, larger interior headroom and side windows due to the squared up roof bow Saf-T-Cage, ergonomically designed and engineered drivers compartments, and optional adjustable pedals make the C2 a perfect fit for all drivers. From visibility to safety, the C2 delivers.
The C2 will save you money over the life of the bus. From the best in class fuel economy to the lowest cost per mile, it will help you reduce the Total Cost of Ownership of your school bus fleet.
COST | SAVING TECHNOLOGY
- Standard Engine Exhaust Brake saves you money = less brake changes and less Worker’s Compensation Claims as a result of performing more brake repairs!
- Optional Air Disk Brakes.
- Continental Eco Tires = Improved Fuel Economy.
SAFETY | Provides the SAFEST Environment for your students and operators
- Internal roof crash rails run the length of the bus for added structural strength.
- 25% Improvement of Driver Visibility in Loading Zone and beyond.
- 2.5x Stronger Joints vs. Previous Riveted Design (metal sheet fails before joint)-Significantly Exceeds FMVSS 221 Joint Strength Requirements.
- One-Piece Bonded windshield like every modern automobile (strength and 2900 sq. in. of unobstructed view).
- Automotive style windshield wiper Pattern.
RELIABILITY | Reduces Operational Costs allowing More Savings in District funds
- Repetitive Quality Control at Factory (Robotics used in production).
- Integrated multiplex wiring for Body and Chassis.
- Wire Harness and Connectors built for each Specific Bus.
- Dash Diagnostic Codes for Simple Operation.
- Automotive Level of Innovation & Quality.
DURABILITY | Reduces LIFE-CYCLE Costs
- Lowest “Cost of Operation” in industry.
- Construction Methods used in Aerospace Industry (Structural Adhesives and Self-Piercing Rivets) and Robotic Innovation.
- Reduced the number of mechanical fasteners and wiring vs. previous construction methods (Savings of 1000+lbs) equals fuel savings.
- Body Structure, Floor, and Chassis are integrated into a single component that absorbs and disperses flex and vibration to reduce structural fatigue over time.
- Reduced number of traditional types of electrical connections.
- Wheelchair lift
- Tilt and telescoping steering wheel
- Heated driver’s seat
- Air suspension driver’s seat
- Air ride suspension
- AM/FM radio/CD/PA
- Dual radio capability
- Remote and heated mirrors
- Reading lights
- Child reminder system
- LED light packages
- Acoustical ceiling
- Overhead storage
- Underbody storage compartment
- Tinted windows